SOCIAL MEDIA

Sign up to follow this blog:
If you are looking to see how much your melmac is worth, read this post. MOBILE USERS: Scroll down below posts to find a searchable directory of plastics and antiques.
Sunday, December 9, 2012

Dishwasher Worthy Westinghouse Ovation Melmac for Fifty Nine Cents

Westinghouse Melmac
I just had to share this great item, for sale at VintageGoodies on Etsy,  for only $10 a box!
Leave it to Lisa Price of VintageGoodies Etsy shop to find these way cool melmac sets by Westinghouse in their original boxes. Ultra rare indeed is to have such original boxes still existing. This was a three piece place setting which was set to sell for $3.20 manufacturer price, but as you can see was marked down in the (five and dime, or A&P where Hemcoware and Westinghouse was often sold?) store to only .59.  Fifty nine cents, sort of hard to believe when you think of what things cost these days now isn't it? I would have thought that the production of the melmac alone would have cost more than that. Not to mention the printing of the boxes.....

Westinghosue Melmac Guarantee

Lisa says they are dated 1957 and she's selling them for $10 a box, a really cheap price in the world of vintage melmac. What is even better than the price are the clues given to us, of how "Ovation dinnerware may be washed in boiling water or an automatic dishwasher".  Wow. Crazy.

The ad goes onto caution about using abrasive scrubbing compounds. I guess they weren't counting on us trying to clean melmac dinnerware  55 years later.....

Westinghouse Electric Corp
Bryant Division
Bridgeport 2, Connecticut.

If you love melmac, get over to Lisa's store VintageGoodies and grab some of these before they are gone. The advertising along is worth $10.

If you like Westinghouse Melmac history, then check out this other article:
Westinghouse Melmac History: A Million Bucks in Ten Weeks

I Wanted to Mention A Big Thank You to this page's sponsor based on an experience I had back in 2012:

Thank you to Cabling Plus for the  BNC Connector.  Cabling Plus is a sponsor of this page, they helped sponsor a post to keep me writing. But, a plastic girl doesn't know anything about connecting and splitting cable wires and security / tv stuff, much less how to get everything connected so I can secure the premesis.........so here's what happened...........I recently bought and installed a CCTV system at my home which was a great experience. The system was easy to install (thank goodness, because I'm no tech expert). I'm so excited to have my home now secured.   I did have a little issue putting the BNC connectors on the ends of my coaxial cable.  I was like "what goes into what?"  I called Cabling Plus which is where I bought my system and they walked me through the process of terminating a BNC connector.

After a couple tries I got it perfectly! Can’t say enough about how helpful the people at Cabling Plus were. Call and they walk you over the instructions "so easy a plastic gal can do it!"   Now my CCTV system is up and running and doing exactly what it is supposed to be doing. Protecting my home, family, and property. Great experience!    Check out Cabling Plus by clicking on the links above for help with Networking, Home Security, Surveillance, Home Theater, Cables, Adapters, Connectors and more....


Checked for quality assurance 11.22.18  If you notice any broken pictures or links, please report to RetroChalet.etsy.com

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, thanks and if you like this blog please share!