SOCIAL MEDIA

Sign up to follow this blog:
If you are looking to see how much your melmac is worth, read this post. MOBILE USERS: Scroll down below posts to find a searchable directory of plastics and antiques.
Saturday, August 28, 2021

Plastic Bag Rugs, Not Rag Rugs Recycled Plastic Fantastic

Plastic Bag Rug
My most recent find, at an antique store, was a crocheted interesting funky plastic bag rug. 

When the plastic bug bites, it stings.  I don't just look for melmac in thrift stores, antique malls, or rummage sales, I actually pay attention to all things plastic.   I recently stumbled upon some great plastic bag rugs, and bought the one above in the Serendipity Antiques Mall, a small multi level mall in old town Shrewsbury, PA for a steal. 

These are not exactly rag rugs, but made via crochet quite the same way.  I have found out information on them, and talked about them intensively in my most recent podcast episode. Not only is this a great way to reuse vintage plastic bags and keep them out of the landfill, but they come in quite interesting shapes, patterns, and colors. I find them holding up well in my home, better than any mass produced cheap throw rug I can find.  This is a great way to recycle plastic and keep these items out the landfill.  Enjoy. 




Post a Comment

Leave a comment, thanks and if you like this blog please share!